The Ngorongoro Conservation Area, one of Tanzania’s finest safari locations, provides safari-goers and wildlife enthusiasts with great wildlife views and magnificent landscape. Tanzanian Ngorongoro Crater itinerary must include a game drive, home to the Big Five and an amazingly diverse array of birds and animals.
- Diverse scenery and spectacular bird- and wildlife
- Abundant wildlife concentrated within a small area
- Densest population of Masai Lion found inside Ngorongoro Crater
- Great opportunities to interact with and learn from local Masai
- Walking safaris, mountain biking and trekking in the area
Things to see and do in Ngorongoro Crater Region
- Game drives within the crater
- Hiking, trekking and safari walks within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Hike to Oldoinyo Lengai, an active volcano known as the Mountain of the God
- Mountain biking
When to visit the region of Ngorongoro Crater
June is one of the best times to visit Ngorongoro Crater, the biggest volcanic crater on earth, is one of Africa’s Seven Natural Wonders. There is no better way to discover this wonder than with a private guide from Taaaftours. It is located within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) in Northern Tanzania.
- By car—Ngorongoro Crater Region is about 185 km from Arusha by road. The trip can take between 2–4 hours.
- By air—There are daily flights from Arusha to Lake Manyara Airstrip. From there, it takes about One and half hour to reach the crater.